This alert example notifies you when the inventory on an item falls below safety stock. This example follows the same steps covered in Creating a new Alert.
The event that triggers this alert is when an item transaction is posted (ITEMPOST).
- From Alert Entries, select Create Alert.
- Select the Item table. The Trigger will be When an Event Occurs. In the Event Code section select ITEMPOST.
- The alert should only be sent when Inventory is less than the Safety Stock Quantity.
- Field Name: Inventory
- Field Type: Less Than
- Value Type: Field
- Value Field No.: Select the Safety Stock Quantity field
- Value Field Text: Will be automatically populated based on selection in Value Field No.
- Value Field Name: Will be automatically populated based on selection in Value Field No.
- Select who should be notified. See the Change who an alert is sent to guide for options on alert recipient setup.
- Select when the alert should be sent. See the How to schedule Alerts guide for options on schedule setup.
- Review the settings and select Finish to create the Alert.