Austpaper is a privately owned Australian company based in Campbellfield, Victoria. Austpaper is a leading supplier to the Art & Craft, Educational, Commercial and Retail industries and has a comprehensive range of products across all of these areas. Austpaper is an industry leader in the field of paper product supply.
Austpaper reduced costs and improved product profitability using Microsoft Dynamics NAV with Fenwick Gold modules
The lead time from when Austpaper places an order for material to stock receipt is normally six to twelve weeks, although for cover paper the lead time can be as long as nine months.
An order on the supplier has to be for whole reams of base stock. This means calculating and juggling the order quantities of finished products to ensure that whole reams are consumed.
To minimise shipping costs, full container loads must be achieved using either twenty or forty foot containers. This requires calculating the products’ space requirements to optimise the use of the containers. Austpaper imports a couple of hundred containers each year.
The Fenwick Solution
Microsoft Dynamics NAV and three Fenwick Gold modules provided an integrated system with the key functionality that Austpaper was looking for:
- Overseas Imports
- Advanced Budgeting & Forecasting
- NAV Advanced Sales Analysis Reports
The Business Benefits
The Fenwick solution of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Fenwick Gold delivered the following benefits for Austpaper:
- Improved product profitability through recognition of true profit by product
- Reduced costs by optimising product orders on suppliers to meet complete ream requirements
- Reduced costs by optimising the use of Full Container Load shipping from the country of supply
- Reduced costs by minimising manual processing and the use of spreadsheets