You can filter which records will trigger an Alert by comparing fields on the record against a fixed value or other fields on the same record.
Setting filters on a specific Alert entry
- Locate and open the Alert Entries page via search. Highlight the Alert Entry and click Filters.
- Select a Filter Condition. Optionally toggle Check Filter Before Sending.
- Add Alert Filter entries as required.
|Field No.||The Field used to filter which Records will trigger an Alert|
|Field Name||The name of the Field|
|Field Type||The type of the field|
|Filter Type||Specifies how the Field is compared to the value when the filter is being applied|
|Value Type||Specifies if the compared to value is a manually specified text or another Field on the Record|
|Value Text||The text value to compare to. Only used when Value Type is ‘Text’|
|Value Field No.||The Field to compare to. Only used when Value Type is ‘Field’|
|Value Field Name||The name of the Field being compared to|
Filter Types directly map to filters used throughout Business Central.
Use the Custom Filter Type to directly enter filters in Value Text (e.g. ‘10000..20000’ will filter for a range between 10000 and 20000).
Filtering against a fixed value
- Select a Field No. and a Filter Type.
- Select Text as the Value Type.
- Enter the Value Text.
Filtering against another field value
- Select a Field No. and Filter Type.
- Select Field as the Value Type.
- Select a Value Field No.