Shipping Options help you choose the best method for shipping your consignment based on your preferences.
You may prefer the Fastest route which may be more expensive but get there the quickest, or the Cheapest route which may take more time but will save you shipping costs.
About the Shipping Agent Selection Types
The following list explains the various types:
- Specific: Use the carrier and service specified on the document.
- Fastest: Automatically choose the carrier and service that delivers the freight in the shortest time. If there are multiple options, the cheapest option will be chosen.
- Cheapest: Automatically choose the carrier and service with the cheapest freight cost.
Default Agent Selection Type for customers and shipping documents
The Default Agent Selection for Customers is determined by the Default Agent Selection Type on your Ship-It with MachShip Setup page, this can be overridden on the Customer Card. See Connecting Business Central to MachShip.
The Default Agent Selection on Documents is derived from the Customer on the Document, this can be overridden on individual shipping documents.
This list will show you how to use your Shipping Agent Selection type to find the best shipping route with MachShip:
What needs to be done before selecting an available shipping option?
Here is a list of requirements that need to be completed first before comparing shipping options:
- The Shipping Document has packed items.
- The delivery address and the pickup address that is provided on the consignment is a valid address.
- The selected Package Unit of Measure has been mapped with MachShip Item Types.
- All the returned shipping option’s Shipping Agents have been mapped.
Where can I compare shipping options?
The compare shipping options page can be found from a Sales Order, Inventory Pick, Posted Sales Shipment and Posted Invoice, or from the Packages page.
How to compare your shipping options
- Open the shipping document (e.g. Sales Order) you wish to ship.
- Set the Agent Selection Type based on your preferences.
- Select Home > Ship-It > Compare Shipping Options.
- Your shipping options will be displayed as a list, the fastest and cheapest options will always be highlighted in green.
- If you’ve selected Specific as your Agent Selection type, then the Shipping Agent you’ve selected will also be highlighted in green.
- Select the option you wish to use and select OK.
Your shipping document is now updated with the option you’ve selected. Your Shipping Agent and Agent Service will be set. Extra information about the shipping option can be found in the Ship-It with MachShip area on the page.
Calculate the shipping of your package
Calculate Shipping is the simplest and quickest method in which to obtain a price and an estimated time of arrival (ETA) for your transport movement before creating a consignment and notifying your Shipping Agent.
How to calculate shipping
- Locate the shipping document page that has the packages you wish to ship or use the packages page.
- Select Calculate Shipping which can be found in the home action group inside the ribbon under Ship-it.
Your Shipping Document is now updated with the selected Shipping Agent and Shipping Agent Service, as well as Agent Selection Type set to Specific.
The costs from the selected shipping option have also been updated on the Shipping Document.