When you set up a Direct Debit with a customer, you can collect payments straight from their bank account. eBanking Direct Debit adds the following fields under Payments on the Customer Card:
|Direct Debit Payment||Specifies if the customer uses Direct Debit payments.|
|Direct Debit Bank Account No.||Specifies a default bank account of the customer used for Direct Debit payments.|
|Direct Debit Lodgement Reference No.||Specifies a default lodgement number for Direct Debit payments from the customer. This value helps you to identify the customer and will appear in your bank statements.|
Validation for a customer’s bank account
The app adds formatting checks to the Customer Bank Account. When you enter bank account and branch numbers, these fields are validated to make sure they’re formatted correctly.
To enable this feature for Australia, you will need to tick Enable GST (Australia) on the General Ledger Setup. Otherwise, the app will validate bank account and branch numbers in the New Zealand format.
The formatting checks include the following:
- Australia Bank Accounts
- The bank account must contain a maximum of 9 characters. Only characters including A to Z, 0 to 9, hyphens and blanks are allowed.
- The branch number must in the format
- New Zealand Bank Accounts
- The bank account must contain a maximum of 7 characters. Only characters including A to Z, 0 to 9, hyphens and blanks.
- The branch number must be in the format
- The bank account number and the suffix for currency code must be separated by a hyphen. The suffix must have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 characters. Only the characters 0 to 9, and hyphens are allowed.