In a standard NAV environment you need to create a “Company” file for each Legal Entity. Each Company is a new setup of tables within the database, meaning you must repeat a lot of common set (eg the General Ledger, your reporting categories & your items). Multiple Entity Operations allows you to run unlimited Legal Entities in a single NAV Company File.
- Improve efficiencies in setting up Entities by sharing data
- Reduces double entry & speed up processing transactions between Legal Entities
- Streamline stock transfers between companies within a single warehouse
- Produce Entity specific stationery (eg Sales Invoices)
- Simplify the Consolidation/Elimination process